Welcome, Roadrunner Community, to the 2023-24 School Year!
I hope you are looking forward to the new 2023-2024 school year and the new and improved campus with our new infrastructure upgrades like I am. Check out these photos of the extensive work.
(The plan is to move into the new and improved Bell campus on August 10th.)
I am excited about ALL this school year has to offer and will continue to work collectively with our community to ensure that our Roadrunners have the best educational experience possible to be critical thinkers, responsible citizens, and prepared to make their dreams happen. Our staff has built a solid foundation, and each year adds layers of quality to our school. Our staff will focus on continue to build our positive school climate and atmosphere to ensure that all students, every day, have a positive learning experience.
Our expectations for our Roadrunners are:
- Being Kind and Respectful
- Ensuring Saftey
- Learning Actively
- Leading Responsibly
This acronym promotes the characteristics we want our Roadrunners to embody and learn. We like to say: Do it the Roadrunner Way! By having these learning outcomes, our Roadrunners will develop the academic skills necessary for continued individual growth toward mastery of standards. In addition, they will develop the personal skills necessary to achieve their educational and social goals so they are prepared for lifelong success in their intended career paths.
As your principal, I am excited to start my fourth year at Bell, my eleventh year on the West Side, and my thirty-first year in education!
It is a good day to be a Roadrunner!
Stephanie Bartlett, Principal
Our First Day for students is Monday, August 14th
- Teachers request single-subject spiral notebooks & lots of glue sticks.
- Blue/ black pens & pencils (they seem to go through them quickly).
- Highlighters & colored pens for note taking
Drop off & Pick-up procedures to be aware of:
- You can use our school NORTH parking lot for student drop off and pick up. For student safety, please do not use our bus lane in the school's front parking lot or use the red curbs on Springdale. We have a crossing guard directly in front of the school for walkers. (Please DO NOT use the Enders parking lot as a drop-off location.)
- Our bike rack area is located inside our campus by our Portables for students to store their bicycles, skateboards, or scooters during school hours. Students are strongly recommended to bring a lock from home to secure their bicycles, skateboards, or scooters. (Helmets are required by law.)
- Bus transportation is only provided to students who live in Quarter Section 2 or Quarter Section 10. (More information on our website at Transportation.)
- School starts at 8:12 am, and students are released at 2:02 pm; students may arrive on campus at 7:52 am to eat breakfast. Most Wednesdays are an Early Release Day, and school is out at 1:14 pm. on those days. (More information, along with Holidays & Breaks, on our website at Important Dates_23-24 Calendar.)
A warm welcome to NEW staff members joining the Roadrunner team!
- Kevin Griffin - English/7I
- Andrea Thompson - Secretary
- Annette Martinez - Attendance
Here are a few important dates for the school year (Check updates at https://bell.ggusd.us/.):
- First Day: August 14th
- Roadrunner Roundup (school purchases): August 16th (2:30 to 5 pm)
- Picture Day: August 24th
- Back to School Night: August 31st
- Picture Retakes: September 27th
- Quarter 1 Benchmarks: October 12 & 13th
- Quarter 2 Benchmarks: December 21st & 22nd (Minimum Day - Release time 12:17 pm)
- 8th Grade Visit to High Schools: February 15th
- Quarter 3 Benchmarks: March 14 & 15th
- Open House: April 18th
- 8th Grade Dance: May 16th
- Quarter 4 Benchmarks: May 21st & 22nd
- 8th Grade Awards @ 2pm on May 28th (by invite)
- Commencement @ 9 am on May 29th
- Minimum Days_ Release time of 12:17 on May 28 & 29th (Last Day of School on May 29th)
We need your help, too! We are looking for parents/guardians who want to be involved at Bell:
- Parent Teacher Association (PTA) **More information to come out via Parent Square after school starts.
- English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) School Site Council (SSC): Nomination forms for our School Site Council will be posted in a future Roadrunner Newsletter.
- Volunteering at Drop off, lunch, or Pick-up: All volunteers must fill out an application form and provide proof of TB shot. Please contact our office if you would like more information about any of these.